Overnight - A unique camping experience in the mountains
Staying at Barr Camp overnight is like camping, but with a few added luxuries.
- Breakfast - Included with all paid overnight reservations.
- Prepared Dinner - Optional, but must be part of your paid overnight reservation. Offered five nights per week.
- Not available on Monday and Tuesday nights.
- Mattresses - In both of the cabins and the lean-to shelters.
- Clean restrooms
- Fully Booked nights - See this link for nights which are already booked.
You will need a few essentials for your stay. The list below is a minimum; click here for a more extensive list of recommendations:
- PAID RESERVATION: Please use the reservation request form to request your stay. We will then process your request to ensure we can accommodate you, and you will receive a bill to pay by credit card. You are not confirmed for your stay until you have paid.
- SLEEPING BAG
In the winter (Nov-Apr), we recommend a winter weight bag as there is no heat at night. May-Oct most people are comfortable in a lighter weight bag. Check low Temperatures
- Meal - If you are bringing or preparing your own meals you will need all of your own cooking gear, untisels, and cleanup. We do not have stoves or kitchen facilities available.
- WATER FILTER OR OTHER WATER TREATMENT MEANS
There is flowing stream near camp, but we do not have potable water. There are many good water filter/treatment options, here is one: Katadyn Hiker Filter
- TENT - If you are tent camping bring your own tent and camping gear
- DRY LAYERS AND CABIN SHOES
Both make your stay more comfortable
We do fill up, even in the winter months. Reservations guarantee you will not be hiking back down the trail if we have no room, and they help us in our planning.
If you have reserved and paid for dinner, we recommend you arrive before 4:00 pm. This will give you time to relax before eating, and allows a little extra time should you need it for the hike. The hike may take longer than you expect; we cannot hold dinner past 6:00 pm.
If you are planning to arrive after 9:00 pm, please book a lean-to shelter or tent camp so you do not interrupt other quests that may be sleeping.
We need 48 hours to process your reservation. While most days we are able to respond the same day, busy weekends and other events may keep us from a quick response.
Although cell phone service is available on some parts of Pikes Peak, at Barr Camp there is no reliable service. Your emails and reservations through this web site come directly to us at the camp. We make every attempt to respond the same day, but weekend emails may not have a reply until Monday.
Important notes on our home page!